Detica is a business and technology consultancy specializing in helping clients collect, manage and exploit information to reveal actionable intelligence. As the digital revolution causes massive amounts of data to converge with a new generation of threats, many of our clients see this as one of their greatest challenges. We focus on helping government and corporate clients reveal intelligence, maintain security, manage risk and strengthen resilience in today’s complex operating environment. We also use our skills to assist clients with other information-intensive problems such as achieving regulatory compliance and understanding customer behaviour.
Detica seeks numerate graduates (mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science or engineering preferred) to work on consultancy projects with blue chip clients in banking, insurance, telecoms and Government; primarily focused upon fraud detection and compliance. Project based work will cover all stages of deploying enterprise intelligence solutions from data mining, predictive modelling and rule generation to large scale implementations.
Detica's widely acknowledged position as a Market leader in this sector, together with unique opportunity to participate in our academy training program, offer a fast-track career in this rapidly growing industry.
This role offers a unique opportunity to gain experience of our flagship social network and link analysis product Detica NetReveal®. This product is rapidly gaining market dominance in the detection and prevention of fraud through building social networks within billions of records. It has also been shown to be applicable in credit risk and marketing as well as law enforcement, counter-terrorism, and other investigative functions. It provides a step change in prediction by allowing all the traditional modelling techniques to be applied to social networks rather than stand alone individuals or accounts (www.deticanetreveal.com).
- Working within a team of analysts using Detica NetReveal® to derive intelligence from high volume customer data
- Deploying enterprise solutions within blue chip clients
- Applying and developing leading edge analytical methods, such as data mining and social network analysis
- Delivering high quality work to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
- Responding to, and resolving, technical issues
- Adhering to and enhancing software development approaches and methodologies
- Going beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of problems or discrepancies to identify problems and develop sound solutions
- Maintaining performance when under stress; and managing time effectively through the application of organizational and planning skills
B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Physics, Mathematics or Statistics.
0-2 years of related experience
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Coding or scripting experience is expected, Java is a strong advantage
- Experience with databases, data analysis or data querying tools is highly desirable, SQL or SAS are preferred
- Experience in technical projects involving large amounts of data (ETL, data mining, and the like) is a strong advantage
- A background in banking and insurance would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel when necessary to meet client needs is required.
- Excellent communication skills